1. pulp molding overview
Pulp molding is also called (plant) fiber molding, which is the process of making the fiber in the pulp into a wet blank, and then drying and solidifing the wet blank. Plant fiber in the suck-filter forming molds first through suck-filter forming, made into wet blank, The wet blank is sent into the heating molds heated to a certain temperature, clamp the hot pressure mold and dry the wet blank, to make the molded fiber (pulp) products of various shapes.
Molded fiber food packaging mainly include pulp molded tableware, molded fiber plates and bowls，molded fiber meal boxes, molded fiber instant noodle bowls, molded pulp dishes, molded fiber cups, molded fiber clean dishes, etc.; Molded pulp industrial packages products mainly include the shock-proof internal packaging of electronic products, medical instruments, gifts and other industrial products. In recent years, these molded pulp industrial packages products have become more sophisticated and delicate.
The degradable molded fiber products are made of annual herb fiber pulp (bagasse, reed, wheat straw, bamboo, etc.) as raw materials, adding additives, after special treatment, they are heated and pressed on the mold into dry three-dimensional paper products.
2. Promote the global plastic ban cause, pulp molding product is the ideal alternative.
2.1. Unique performance advantages of molded fiber products:
(1) Molded fiber products are environmentally friendly and naturally degradable. The pulp molding products buried in the soil can be completely naturally degraded within 3 months under the action of microorganisms, and do not need centralized compost treatment. Molded fiber products can be naturally degraded and recycled, which is an environment-friendly product.
(2) The molded pulp products stored in the room can be placed for long periods before use (usually for 10 years) without aging and brittle or deterioration.Recycling cost is low and can be reused.
(3) Pulp molded tableware products have a certain strength, good texture, smooth appearance; Molded pulp fine packaging products are more delicate appearance.
EAMC pulp molding machine is versatile, The EAMC automatic pulp molding production line replacement mold can easily change product types.
(4) EAMC full-automatic molded pulp tableware machine and EAMC full-automatic pulp molding machine for fine packaging products are currently more advanced high yield and automatic pulp molding equipment.
(5) Molded fiber products have good waterproof and oil resistance properties. In the manufacture of pulp molding, the amount of the additives can produce waterproof, oil prevention effect. Good air permeability, which has unique benefits to the packaging of fresh products.
(6) Raw materials have a wide source and a low cost. It is mainly an annual herb fiber raw pulp or with waste paper as raw materials, can be taken according to local conditions, local materials, inexhaustible.
The pulp factory can use wet raw pulp (bleach or natural pulp) for raw materials; other pulp molding factory can use commercial pulp.
(7) Less water consumption, no waste water discharge, to meet the requirements of clean production.
(8) Pulp molding products have good air permeability and have unique benefits to the packaging of fresh products.
(9) Molded pulp products used for molded pulp fine packaging have good seismic and cushioning effect, which can effectively protect the products from damage on the road.
(10) According to the different requirements of the user, the surface quality, color, pictures and other appearance elements can be processed on the product, post-processing.
(11) Recycling cost is low and can be reused.
(12) Modern production technology can achieve high-speed, automated mass production.
2.2 banning biodegradable plastics is a wise move
In the context of a global plastic ban, the replacement of disposable plastic with biodegradable plastic is often considered a very reasonable thing. But biodegradable plastic replacing disposable plastic has a huge danger.
Degradable plastics are general names for photodegradable plastics and biodegradable plastics. The study of photodegradable plastics in developed countries began the 1970s, and its concept is relatively mature. Generally and currently commonly used biodegradable plastics refer to fully biodegradable starch-based biochemical synthetic plastic with better starch-based biodegradable materials. There are mainly polyhydroxyfatty acid esters (PHA) and polylactic acid (PLA). PHA is a general term for a class of intracellular polyester prevalent in a variety of bacteria, with good mechanical properties and excellent biocompatibility and biodegradability. Starch can be obtained by certain strains through anaerobic respiration (fermentation), lactic acid through dehydration to form polylactic acid (PLA), also known as polypropylene crossester. Starch extracted from corn, cassava and other crops can be a raw material of polylactic acid. degradable plastics seem to be environmentally friendly, but because of the properties of existing commonly used biodegradable plastics, biodegradable plastics have much more problems than ordinary plastics.
(1) disposable degradable plastic products also bring harm to the environment.
Unlike molded fiber products, biodegradable plastics cannot be completely decomposed by being discarded in nature for three months. The degradation of degradable plastics is conditional, The usual degradation condition of degradable plastics is only degraded naturally for 2-3 years at a continuous temperature of not less than 40℃. There is no place in nature to have such environmental conditions, so this natural degradation condition cannot be met. The degradable plastics need to be recycled and compost to completely degrade. But only things of value have the power to recycle. Usually, biodegradable plastics age and become brittle after 6 months, losing the value of reuse and having no recycling value. If it cannot be recycled for compost treatment, biodegradable plastics cannot degrade naturally. In this way, biodegradable plastics can do far more environmental harm than disposable plastics.
(2) The degradable plastic presents a big problem for the recycling of plastics.
Because of the public lack of expertise, it is difficult to distinguish which of the waste plastics are biodegradable and which are ordinary plastics. Ordinary plastics can be recycled, while biodegradable plastics have no utilization value, and cannot be recycled. If ordinary plastic is mixed with biodegradable plastic, then ordinary recycled plastic can not be reused, which will be very difficult to recycle ordinary plastic.
Because degradable plastic is not completely natural degradation, it has actually become one of the culprits of white pollution. Biodegradable plastics are also banned in the European Union from 3 July.
Molded fiber (pulp) products are truly natural and degradable and environmentally friendly products, such as in the molded fiber food packaging field (pulp molded tableware, molded fiber (pulp) tray/ plate, molded fiber and bowls,molded pulp cup lid ), molded pulp industry packaging field is a good substitute for many plastic products.
Although molded fiber (pulp) products can completely naturally degrade, but in plastic bags, agricultural film and other aspects, molded fiber (pulp) products cannot be replaced, do not have the advantages of plastic. But with more and more application research on plant fiber (pulp) molding products, the application of molded fiber (pulp) products will further expand, and will play a greater role in the international plastic ban action.